May is an amazing month for encouragement!
In May, we celebrate Mother’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Week, and Memorial Day.
This month offers the opportunity to celebrate those individuals in your life who often go unnoticed or at the least, underappreciated. While they will surely appreciate you recognizing their efforts with a "thank you", doing so is actually the key to your happiness as well.
Moms, your teachers, and our US Military embody the spirit of sacrifice, perseverance, and leadership. They guide, educate, protect, and mold our lives in ways that we often take for granted.
May is the perfect time of year to remember all that these individuals have done to help you become the person you are today.
Better yet, notice them today! As they are serving you. Take this moment today to thank them for all they’ve done.
- prepares you to take care of yourself.
- teaches you responsibility.
- comforts you when the world goes wrong.
- surprises you when you least expect it.
- loves you despite your roller coaster of emotions for her.
- cares for you when you need it most.
- believes in you.
- empowers you to be the best you possible.
- listens when no one else will.
- ...and best of all, your mother just wants to know she matters ...to you!
- are your social mediators.
- guide you along the path of knowledge and wisdom.
- stand up for you when you’re ridiculed by others.
- give you chance, after chance, after chance … to make the right decision.
- will look you in the eye and tell you the truth.
- help you become anything you set your mind to.
- push you, test you, and want you to excel.
- see your potential, even you you don’t.
- find new and innovative ways to spark your creativity and imagination.
- ...and best of all, your teachers just want to know they made a difference …in your life!
Our Servicemen & Servicewomen…
- sacrifice their lives, so that we may have freedom in ours.
- spend time apart from their families, so that we may enjoy time with ours.
- forego careers of comfort and ease, so that we may find pleasure in ours.
- cope with the stresses of war, so that our minds will be at ease.
- learn to fight, so that we don’t have to.
- protect our freedoms and country, so that we are free to take them for granted.
- respond when called upon, so that we may have the choice to choose.
- endure, so that we may flourish.
- defend our great country, so that we may make our country great.
- ...and most of all, our servicemen and women need to know their sacrifice is valued!
Never underestimate the power of words!
A handwritten note of love, encouragement and thankfulness this Mother’s Day, Teacher’s Day, or Memorial Day will go a long way to brightening their day, and yours.