We are artists and printers by trade and environmentalists at heart. We strive to reduce our environmental footprint by utilizing American-made products designed and produced in ways that lessen their impact on the Earth.
We research our American suppliers to ensure the highest level of sustainability in their manufacturing processes, supply chains, and products. In our own studio and press room, we recycle, repurpose, and reduce raw goods, supplies, and printing materials. When possible, we order materials in bulk to reduce the carbon footprint for shipping. We also use the USPS® for shipping all of our standard orders, as they already visit every home in America each day.
We bring the art of letterpress printing to you using processes, quality papers and American-made products that you can be proud of sharing with others.
Many letterpress printers are eco-friendly, so are we
In today’s green-wise commercial landscape, many letterpress printers employ “industry standard” practices that aim at helping protect the environment. We join our fellow printers in these environmentally-conscious efforts.
- We use soy-based and reclaimed inks.
- The small quantities of ink that we use have very low VOC emissions.
- We custom mix inks by hand, rather than ordering large quantities of pre-mixed inks that will go unused.
- We recycle all of our in-house paper scraps.
- We use a minimum of 30% PCW recycled paperboard content in all our shipping materials.
- Our press setup materials are repurposed throughout the printing process to help reduce waste.
We go beyond the industry norm in sustainability and decreasing our environmental footprint
For us, the industry standard for letterpress printing is not enough.
We create handmade letterpress card art on paper. We purposefully choose to print on recycled paper, not cotton, bamboo, or other raw materials.
Our paper choices actually help create a market for post consumer waste recycled goods.
We search out sustainable raw goods and eco-friendly packaging. We consciously reduce waste and minimize the use of harmful chemicals.
- All of our environmentally superior papers and standard stock envelopes are produced using 100% post-consumer recycled paper waste (PCW). Yes, we print on paper, not cotton.
- We offer a range of color envelope options, all sourced from the highest available recycled content.
- Instead of simply recycling our slightly imperfect press proofs, we make them available for purchase at discounted rates.
- Our clear biofilm packaging is 100% compostable and biodegradable, being produced from a plant-based polymer.
- We repurpose discarded clothing and linens to wash our rollers and press.
- We strive to repurpose and recycle old, discarded inks (both rubber and oil based) from former printers. By doing so, we rescue cans of ink from the landfills.